Printable version (pdf)
LiteAir has a window plug for every window position on the following A330 airplanes: A330‑201, A330‑202, A330‑203, A330‑223, A330‑243, A330‑301, A330‑302, A330‑303, A330‑321, A330‑322, A330‑323, A330‑341, A330‑342, A330‑343.
There are three versions of the A330 lightweight window plug assembly available as follows:
- Lightweight window plug installed with the existing passenger window seal and the acrylic middle pane.
- Lightweight window plug installed with the existing passenger window seal and a lightweight spacer ring in lieu of the middle pane for additional weight savings and to reduce maintenance by eliminating all acrylic elements.
- Lightweight window plug installed with a custom LiteAir seal, which has no slot for the middle pane and hence requires no spacer ring or middle pane which further reduces maintenance.
All three options use the existing Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) retaining system for installation and have been certified by FAA test to negate the requirement for a bonding strap to simplify installation still further. Detailed installation and maintenance instructions are provided for in service inspection and repair.
The part numbers used at each location are shown below.
Part Number & Location
- LAP 4005-1 Window Plug - All window locations
- LAP 5010-1 Spacer Ring - All window locations (no photo shown)
- LAP 9001-1 Seal - All window locations
Benefits of using lightweight window plugs:
Saves weight: The Window Plug assembly weighs 1.4 pounds (options 2 and 3 above). The weight of the acrylic windows being replaced is 3.2 pounds which results in a 1.8 pounds weight savings per window and 205 pounds per airplane (114 windows) for a typical passenger-to-freighter conversion (P2F). ST Aerospace and EADS EFW launched the A330 P2F conversion program on May 22, 2012. Entry-into-service of the first A330 P2F is targeted for 2017.
Saves fuel: At today’s fuel prices the window plug installation can pay for itself in less than two years.
Saves money: Lower component cost.
Easy to use: Simple as replacing a window.
Less installation time: The assemblies have been certified by FAA test to negate the requirement for a bonding strap which considerably reduces installation time.
Lower maintenance: All acrylic elements require frequent inspection. The use of the spacer ring eliminates all acrylic elements therefore significantly reducing maintenance.
Proven reliability: All parts have Parts Manufacturing Approval (PMA) and are certified via FAA Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) and worldwide validation. To date there are more than 80,000 parts in service with a perfect history.